RIFT 4.3: Hotfix #8 12/7/2017
Rift 4.3 hotfix #8 arrived on December 7th, bringing with it Fae Yule, 3 new cash only packs, and many additional ways to obtain Captured Intel. Some of those ways have been requested a few times on the forums, and one of the new methods… well… I’ll just let you read and I will post about that later.
== FEATURES ==
CAPTURED INTEL AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE!
Captured Intel currency can now be earned from more sources:
* Zone events in Scatherran Forest, Gedlo Badlands, Xarth Mire, and Ashenfell
* Defeating bosses in Celestial Adventures
* Completing any level 70 random expert dungeon when expending a dungeon charge
* ANY Looking For Raid boss kill!
Additionally, Captured Intel Caches are now available for purchase once per day in the Rift store, under Equipment > Upgrade Parts! (EDITOR’S NOTE: Pay attention to this, combined with the “ITEMS” section below)
FAE YULE ARRIVES!
Fae Yule officially starts on Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 3:30 PM Server Time. Get more time to enjoy the season than last year, with the event concluding on Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 3:30 PM Server Time.
All of your favorites are returning, including quests, IAs, zone events, A Very Fae Yule Whitefall Warfront, ugly sweaters, bearded caps, festive mounts – the whole nine yards!
NEW AND IMPROVED FAELIGHT SPARKLE EXTRAVAGANZA
* Everyone’s favorite Faelight Sparkles returns this year. Earn Tier 2 gear with each turn in. As an added bonuses, the first time completing this quest rewards the new Gumdrop Levitation mount as well!
* New Frosty Moosedantix Power Pack & Other New Packs
* New Fae Yule Bagling Supply Crate
* New Themed Cosmetic Weapons, Outfit, & Wings
* New Holiday Weapon Rune
* New Winter Drape Cape (Tier 2, Level 70)
* New Seasonal Dimension & Dimension Items
* New and Improved Faelight Sparkle Extravaganza Activity Rewards
* RIFT Credit Top Up Sale
* …And More!
NEW DAILY LOGIN REWARD!
Log in to receive a Box of Bogling Bounty which contains a chance at ANY one of Opie’s Artifact Caches, common uncommon, rare, epic or even RELIC! You’ll also receive 75 to 100 Captured Intel and 2 to 5 Lucky Coins as well. Enjoy!
== GAME UPDATES ==
* The max HP stat from planar fragments will no longer be counted while mentored.
* Should no longer be possible to look through walls in the first person camera view.
* Achievement: Seldom Seen, In the Stream: The amount of npcs has been lowered from 500 down to 20. As a result, the point allotment for the achievement has also been lowered, from 50 to 20.
RIFT STORE & SERVICES
* Fae Yule Patron Sale: For a limited time, get a full year of RIFT Patron for only $99! That’s a savings of over $30 USD!
* Updated prices for Souls & Calling available for purchase at character create.
NEW PACKS ARE AVAILABLE!
* Frosty Moosedantix Power Pack
– For only $19.99, bring home your very own frosty blue Moosedantix mount, plus other goodies. More details can be found in the Frosty Moosedantix blog post here.
* Dragon’s Hoard*
– This massive new pack features a Greenscale mount (unlocks for all characters on your account), one random premium mount, Caches of Premium Intel, Widow Makers Costume, and 5,000,000 loyalty (20x normal value) for only $249. This mega pack can only be purchased once per account.
* Fae Yule Bagling Cache*
– The community has spoken and we listened! Get a tradeable Fae Yule Bagling Mount (usually only available from the Fae Yule Bagling Supply Crate as a random reward), a Cache of Captured Intel, and 500,000 Loyalty (5x normal value) for $99!
*Loyalty rewarded from the Fae Yule Bagling Cache & Dragon’s Hoard Pack when gifted are delivered to the purchaser.
* The Uttila merchant has been updated with Vostigar Commander Jewelry Boxes! At 15,000 Intel, these boxes will net you tier 2 jewelry that can be upgraded. (EDITOR’S NOTE: Pay attention to this, combined with the “Captured Intel” changes above)
* Fragments: The Platinum costs on infusion have been reduced by 50%.
* Eternal Armor: Fixed an issue where the activated abilities of the Mask of the Prisoner, Vicious Pauldrons of the Privateer, and Spines of the Planar Conqueror were not functioning correctly or at all.
* Increased the rendering priority of Mystic Archer pick-ups for improved visibility.
* Fixed an issue where the damage buff from Barbed Shot was able to stack from multiple players.
ZONES & EVENTS
RAID RIFT: IRON LEGION
* The adds on the final wave will now despawn when G.A.K.A.T.T is defeated.
Fixed an issue where players could complete more than five daily quests per day. NOTE: All daily and daily meta quests will now auto-complete upon finishing them as a result.
DUNGEONS & RAIDS
BASTION OF STEEL
* Fixed an issue where some broadcasts were playing twice. Thanks Aileenbor@Icewatch!
* Fixed an issue where players were able to get outside of the intended play space.
COMET OF AHNKET
* The achievement “Crystal Crushing Craze” should now be rewarding correctly.
UI & SETTINGS
* The correct icon for the Mystic Archer will now be displayed in the soul tree.
* Fixed an issue where the crafting skill progress bar could be longer than the window.
* Added new addon command, Command.CopyToClipboard. This takes in a string and puts it into the clipboard.