Rift 4.0: Hotfix #5 12/8/2016
New delayed patch, more bug fixes, and the arrival of Dead Simon’s puzzle dungeon! Good luck to everyone trying to solve it and the meta puzzle. There is a thread on the Rift Forums to discuss the puzzle, courtesy of Dior! I have also previously datamined portions of the puzzle, including the models for several of the mazes. Look back through older posts for more details!
== FEATURES ==
NEW DUNGEON: TOK’S PROVING GROUND!
Puzzle me this! Give one insane RIFT designer free reign to create a dungeon based on puzzles, and what do you get? A truly unique dungeon with SIX mind bending puzzles, exclusive to Starfall Prophecy: Tok’s Proving Grounds!
This dungeon invites scholars – as befitting a quiet questline, the challenges are meant for solo or duo players. No full groups or raids here, just a significant commitment of cooperation and exactitude. Those who invest enough time in Tok’s service may well earn some of the most spectacular appearance gear to be found on Telara, with swirling, animated colors based on the planes: Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Life and Death.
Some time ago, we gave you a sneak preview of Tok’s Proving Grounds on the RIFT livestream. You can view that episode, as well as some of the new rewards, with Brasse and Simon “Dead Simon” Ffinch on YouTube! (WARNING: Lots of spoilers in this video!)
== GAME UPDATE ==
* 64 bit: Fixed Several Crashes related to add-ons. We do love our add-on makers!
* Fixed an issue that would cause the purchase soul walk popup to close unexpectedly.
* Fixed the combat log formatting if you are using the non-expanded version of it.
* Daily Login Rewards: The day 12 reward now gives level specific upgrade components.
* Devs may now be allowed to take actual lunch breaks, as long as they promise to scour the forums and bug reports for further loose ends. Eventually, they may also resume normal sleep routines.
RIFT STORE AND SERVICES
* Added an Orange Guffin dimension NPC to the store for those that have progressed far enough in the Nightmare Saga.
* Legendary Flame Lance’s buff tooltip now correctly shows how much healing is increased by.
* Legendary Flame Lance is now instant.
* Legendary Bolt of Light’s buff tooltip now correctly shows how much healing is increased by.
* Bolt of Light no longer incorrectly consumes 2 stacks of Legendary Shadow’s Touch.
* Legendary Waterjet’s debuff tooltip now correctly shows how much the target is snared for.
* Legendary Neural Prod no longer stacks.
* Legendary Empyrean Ascension now correctly buffs Slashing and Timed spells.
* Legendary Firestorm now only affects fire damage you deal. No longer affects fire damage dealt by other players or entities.
* Legendary Internalized Charge now correctly increases the damage of abilities by the noted amount.
* Flame Bolt can no longer be cast rapidly when on cooldown.
* Legendary Essence Strike should no longer trigger more times than intended. Healing reduced.
* Legendary Deadeye Shot now correctly benefits from increased crit chance as intended. Bonus critical chance is increased from 2x to 2.5x.
* Animalism cooldown reduced to 45 seconds. Now also passively increases the damage of abilities that generate combo points by 65%.
* Legendary Ace Shot proc rate has been increased.
* Legendary Bull Rush now correctly deals damage in PVP.
* Fixed an issue where rift boss mobs in major rifts would spawn with 1 HP.
* Killing the boss in an Planar Assault adventure results in players receiving only one Starfall Adventure Cache each.
ZONES AND EVENTS
* Two convenience Porticulum unlocks have been added! Upon hitting level 48, Tempest Bay is unlocked. At level 60, Hailol is unlocked.
* Hostile Tuath’de Slavers will no longer hang around the Shadow Market, attacking the darkness.
* Rifts: Changed the npc rank of mini-bosses and bosses in fire rifts to the correct level.
* Zone Events: Fixed the level of zone event quests to display the correct con color to match the zone level.
* Practice dummies for Starfall Prophecy dungeons are located outside Alittu.
* Quest: King’s Fall and Echo of King’s Fall: Moved the objective locator for the “Enter the throne room” objective to be closer to the throne room entrance
* Achievement: Shrine It All: The model of the Hidden Kobold Shrine has been changed to avoid the confusion between these totems, and those required in the quest, “Wicked Trickery”.
* An excerpt has been recovered from an unknown location:
Brasse: So what are you working on?
Brasse: Is that part of a new quest line or-
CaptainCursor: NO YOU JUST GO OUT TO THE DESERT AND SEE THINGS THAT AREN’T THERE!
Brasse: Do you need shout everything you say?
Brasse: *pulls her helm lower over her ears to dampen the noise* Ow! Do they give clues or insights into the greater story?
CaptainCursor: NO! WEIRD FOR THE SAKE OF WEIRD! ALL THROUGHOUT THE GEDLO BADLANDS!
Brasse: I’m going to stop asking you things.
CaptainCursor: PROBABLY FOR THE BEST!
* Quest: For a Warfare: Fixed the missing conversation text with the Atrophinius companion in Hailol.
* Quest: End of Mael Salach & Echo of Mael Salach: Added safeguards so players cannot accidentally trigger an objective out of order
* Quest: Into the Wyredode: Changed scripting to allow players to regain the Wyredode Attunement temp ability in the objective to “Commune with the forest”. Now if you use the temp ability it:
– 1. Does not go away until the leave the quest area, allowing players to attempt the objective again if for some reason it did not increment the first time and
– 2. if you leave the area for any reason and come back, you will regain the temp ability,as long as you are on this specific objective.
* Relocated an npc in Xarth Mire that was suck in terrain.
* Quest: Bailghol Blues: Bloated Parasites will no longer accumulate endlessly in Bailghol. The Bloated Parasite threat of 2016 is officially at an end.
PVP AND WARFRONTS
* The Ascended Repulsor ability that blocks summoning abilities near spawn points no longer breaks stealth.
* Fixed Prophetic Dexterity Serum tocorrectly boost Dexterity instead of Armor.
* Crafting cooldowns have been removed from Apothecary Vials.
* Crafting daily quest recipes will once again properly skill up professions.
* Faetouched Powerstones now grant 2,000 Spell Power (was 1,000).
*Visionary Weapon runes now properly trigger the Visionary tier of the proc.
* Fixed an issue where planar fragments could give stats other than what they show.
* You can now sort planar fragments by tier.
* Fixed an issue causing Primalist melee weapons to not drop from Expert dungeons.