Guides update + Planar Fragments FAQ
The Guides section of the site has been updated with some guides from all over the place. Have a look!
So there have been multiple questions asked about planar fragments lately. I will attempt to answer some of the most common ones here.
Q: “Is there a way to determine if one secondary stat will be higher than the other BEFORE infusion or is it completely random?”
A: It’s completely random, but within a set range. See Archy’s Fragment Stat Guide for details! At the first 4 Milestone infusion levels (3, 6, 9, and 12), one random secondary stat will be boosted IF the fragment does not gain a new secondary stat.
Q: “Can I recycle equipped fragments?”
A: Yes! But you need to use the “Recycle” skill from your skill window.
Q: “Are there any macroable commands for switching fragment sets? Or better yet, a way to bind a fragment set to a role so it switches automatically?” (Grixog on the forums)
A: /Saveequip x saves your current gear and planar fragment set. /Loadequip x loads your saved gear and planar fragment set (Pretoi on the forums)
Q: “How do I unlock the right side fragment slots?”
A: These are currently locked until a future content update. Trion has not given any details about when this will be
Refer to the following list to help reduce and avoid RNG on planar fragments.
White (Common) – No secondary stats – Safe to upgrade to infusion level 2
Green (Uncommon) – 1 secondary stat – Safe to upgrade to infusion level 5
Blue (Rare) – 2 secondary stats – Safe to upgrade to infusion level 8
Purple (Epic) – 3 secondary stats – Safe to upgrade to infusion level 11
Gold (Relic) – 4 secondary stats – Safe to upgrade to infusion level 15
- Use Tier 4, 5, and 6 fragments only if you have no other options for the stat you want.
- Replace and Recycle Tier 4, 5, and 6 Fragments as soon as you possibly can.
- You can use the Recycle skill from your Skill window to recycle equipped fragments.
- A Fragment will gain additional secondary stats at the Milestone infusion levels – 3, 6, 9, and 12 – if it has not received a secondary stat already due to its quality.
- Do not upgrade a fragment beyond the recommended levels above! Doing so invites gambling on additional secondary stats and honestly is not worth the cost in the long run. Though you may occasionally get lucky though.
- It can take multiple infusion attempts to level up a fragment, but there is a hard limit on how many times you must do this.
- Infusion levels 0, 1, and 2 always require 1 attempt to succeed.
- At the first 4 Milestone infusion levels (3, 6, 9, and 12), one random secondary stat will be boosted IF the fragment does not gain a new seconary stat.
- Leveling a fragment from 14 to 15 is expensive, but gives a huge Primary and Secondary stat boost.
- Content is balanced around having Infusion level 6 fragments.